Organizer at the 2023 Wakefield RISC OS Show
Saturday 22 April 2023******
Organizer 2.30 and Organizer/RPCEmu at discount prices
Event Colours to enhance the visual information in your Diary
RPCEmu version with easy networking and now available as a download
Organizer, the personal information manager for all RISC OS platforms, launches its first new full version in three years at the Wakefield Show in Bradford. Organizer 2.30 introduces a new feature to enhance the visual impact of Alarms and Anniversaries with Event Colours. Choose from a menu of preset events or create your own. The colours are used in all Diary, Planner, and Anniversary displays, and the warning and notification windows for Alarms and Anniversaries. See at a glance from the colour coding your upcoming meetings, family events, holidays, medical appointments etc, and which are the most important.
Event Colours builds on the recently introduced 16m-colour menu, updating Organizer's legacy 16-colour option and will provide a template for improving ease of use and enhancing visual information. Version 2.30 also consolidates many small enhancements and bug fixes to v2.29. Users of v2.30 will continue to receive smaller updates with bug fixes and minor enhancements, as well as email support.
This version is also available installed on the RPCEmu emulator - now with easy networking - to run on a Windows machine. Organizer/RPCEmu can now be downloaded, as well as supplied on a USB stick. With the inclusion of Netsurf, Store and Tapirmail, you can access RISC OS websites and news, easily download ancillary programmes, and view email. With a zip file of under 50Mb, it will download quite quickly to your PC (www.organizerim.co.uk/buy).
Organizer 2.30 follows extensive work to upgrade the programme by developer Martin Avison. Upgrading the Address Book's vCard format represents a major step towards secure synchronisation across platforms. This follows the cloning facility introduced in v2.16 and data encryption in v2.26. Among the immediate advantages are improved Address export scripts, allowing, for instance, photos to be exported with other information. The photo size has also been increased from 30k to 128k, offering better definition photos.
There are also improvements in other sections, including new iCal export scripts for exchanging information with Google Calendar and other programs; an even bigger 32-column, 364-day planner window in the Diary; new ToDo List menus; and improved messages and help for the cloning facility.
Under-the-hood changes include replacing an ageing 26-bit compression programme with a new 32-bit programme, which crunches down the 40,000 lines of code by 80%; and better memory chaining for improved stability and maintenance.
Full price for Organizer 2.30 (including email support) for new users and users of earlier versions is £35.
***SPECIAL WAKEFIELD SHOW 2023 PRICES***
Prices online at www.organizerpim.co.uk will be:
* £20 for users of v2.29 (Full price £25).
* £25 for users of v2.28 (Full price £30).
* £30 for new users and those upgrading from earlier versions (Full price £35).
The new version of Organizer/RPCEmu (which includes the zip file of Organizer 2.230 for installation of a native RISC OS platform) is offered at:
* £25 for users of v2.29.
* 30 for users of v2.28
* £35 for users of earlier versions and new users.
Organizer is a personal information manager for the RISC OS operating system, which runs on all versions of the operating system (Risc OS 3.5 and above), on native ARM-based systems or under emulation. It contains all the main features of an Organiser - Calendar, Diary, Anniversaries, Address book, ToDo section, plus Notes and Journal facilities - within a simple, user-friendly graphical interface. To see what it looks like, see the Screen-Shots. It is developed by Martin Avison for North One Communications Ltd.
The main features include:
- Diary, including alarm database and task alarms
- Address book
- ToDo section
- iCal Import/Export to exchange Diary data with programmes such as Google Calendar, Mozilla Sunbird and MS Outlook
- CSV import/export of Addresses from/to other databases
- Iconbar clock: analogue, digital, free memory display
- Automatic Daylight Saving Time switching, it even knows the dates
- Hotlinks to Web-browsers and Mailers
- Multilingual. Currently, including English, German, French, Dutch and Icelandic
- Interactive help, plus StrongHelp and HTML, PDF, and Writer manuals
- How to do it guides to key new features
Key features added in Version 2.1x:
- Add thumbnail pictures into the Address Book
- New easier-to-use Address Book data-entry window
- Improved handling of multiple Diary entries
- Choice of colours and borders for the iconbar icon
- Many other small improvements and bug fixes.
And now with Version 2.2x:
- Option to start the week on a Sunday for the Diary and Calendar
- Facility to order the Addresses by Organisation/Contact
- Now possible to use 16-million colours instead of just 16
- Improved operation of Export scripts for email lists, labelling etc
- Option to have a single-page display to save screen space.
And now with Version 2.3x:
- Event colours to enhance the visual information in your Diary
Organizer 2.3x works with all current machines and RISC OS 3.50 or later, including Raspberry Pi, the Armini, BeagleBoard and PandaBoard systems, and the Virtual Acorn and RPCEmu emulators.
All these functions with an attractive graphical and easy-to-use interface - and more to come, with regular bug fixes and enhancements for registered users.
Please send suggestions for further improvements by email.
How to get Organizer
There are two versions of Organizer currently available:
- Version 1.61 is shareware so you can simply download it to try out the basic programme. (It's also needed to upgrade to Organizer 2 from versions earlier than v1.60.)
- Organizer 2.30 costs £35 to new users and users of earlier versions and £25 to users of Organizer 2.29x (£30 from v2.28)
Click here to order.